After publishing your research paper, the one thing you want most is for your paper to get maximum attention. Open access publishing can help you do that! Open access publishing has been shown to increase not only visibility but also citations of published papers. Today, more and more journals, publishers, funders, and institutions are supporting open access.
What is open access publishing? How does it work? How will publishing in an open access journal benefit you? This webinar will take you through the world of open access publishing and explain just what it’s all about.
Who is this for?
- Early career researchers, postgraduate students, and senior researchers from all disciplines, who want to know more about open access publication and how it will benefit them.
Why should you attend?
This session will help you develop a basic understanding of open access. The following main aspects will be covered:
- What is open access? What are the forms of open access? How does it work?
- What are some of the things you should consider when submitting your paper to an open access journal?
- What are the pros and cons of open access publishing?
- What are the most common myths around open access publishing?
After this session, you will build up a working skill of open access publishing and will be able to confidently think about whether you should submit your next paper to an open access journal.
This webinar will be led by Jayashree Rajagopalan, MA, ELS (Board Certified Editor in the Life Sciences)
Jayashree writes English-language content for Editage Insights – a comprehensive learning and skill sharing portal for researchers and publication professionals. Her primary aim is to help readers of Editage Insights get a better understanding of various aspects of publishing, through informative written posts as well as engaging infographics and movies. While at work, she is always finding newer ways to communicate ideas and connect with authors globally. She is also interested in trends in scientific publishing and goes after the latest developments in the academic and publishing worlds closely.
In her previous role as an academic editor at Editage, Jayashree gained a first-hand understanding of the publication needs of and challenges faced by authors at all stages of their research career. Jayashree holds two Master’s degrees (English Literature, Children’s Literature) and a Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication.
To view Jayashree’s posts, click here.
How do you register?
- Click on the link: https://www.brighttalk.com/webcast/9615/174619
- Pack in the brief one-time registration form to generate your username and password.
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail with the link to the webinar.
- On the day of the webinar, click the link and sign in using your login details
Don’t wait too long to sign up! The seats are limited!
Note that the webinar will be conducted in English.